Jamahl had his celebration of learning tonight at the performing arts center and it was so good. The theme was “Celebrating America”, which yes, is right up my alley so I was crying before the thing even started. It was all of the 1st-5th graders from his school and the night centered around our great country. I couldn't help sitting there feeling so happy that all of these kids were learning the songs that celebrate our freedoms, our diversity, our heritage, and the sacrifices that were made for us to live in this great nation. It was so moving to hear all those kids singing “God Bless the USA”, “God Bless America”, “The Star Spangled Banner”, and many more. What a great community we live in that allows our kids to learn and share their values.
The videos were taken with our little camera, so it is not the best quality, but still moving none the less! Jamahl...you did a great job singing and holding your sign up at just the right time. We are so proud of you and the great citizen you turning out to be! We love you!
1 comment:
I am so sad that I missed it...you did a wonderful job Jamahl! Love you!
Post a Comment